Daniel MacDermid, Associate
firstname.lastname@example.org | 780.426.4133 Ext 312
Year of Call
British Columbia: 2015 | Alberta: 2016
Litigation, Personal injury, Employment Law
Daniel MacDermid graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Alberta in 2010. He graduated with a Juris Doctor of Law (First Class Honours) from Bond University in Australia in 2014.
Daniel was called to the Bar in B.C. in 2015 and Alberta in 2016.
After working for a prominent law firm in B.C., Daniel moved back to Edmonton in December 2016 to join Snyder and Associates.
Daniel provides a high level of legal services to commercial and individual clients in a variety of litigation matters, including:
- Contract disputes
- Employment litigation, including wrongful dismissal, breach of contract, non-compete and confidentiality issues
- Construction disputes, including Builders’ Liens
- Debt collections
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Personal injury (injured parties), including occupiers liability cases
- Realtor negligence claims
- Product liability
- Shareholder disputes
- Insurance, including long-term disability and automotive insurance breaches
- Human Rights Complaints – in the employment context
- Estate litigation
Daniel has acted as counsel for his clients in the Provincial Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal in British Columbia, and the Provincial Court and Court of Queens Bench in Alberta.
Daniel was born and raised in the beautiful Okanagan (B.C.), but has spent considerable time in Alberta prior to putting down his roots in 2016. In his spare time, Daniel can be found playing soccer, golfing, reading or spending time with his fiancee, dog and friends.