Erin M. Berney
firstname.lastname@example.org | 780.426.4133 Ext 244
Year of Call
Erin M. Berney earned a Bachelor of Arts in Comparative Literature in 2006, and a Juris Doctor in 2012, both from the University of Alberta. She was a student editor for the Alberta Law Review, and was called to the Alberta Bar in 2013. She maintains a general civil litigation practice that specializes in condominium law. She has served on condominium boards and has extensive experience in all matter of condominium-related issues, including:
• Bylaw reviews, drafting, interpretation, amendment and enforcement
• Property management liaison and contract drafting
• Condominium fee arrears and other expense/fines/legal fee collection
• Foreclosure, liens, priority disputes
• Builder/developer and construction deficiencies
• Tenancy issues
• Leases, licenses and transfers
• Planning and development
Erin also volunteers with Pro Bono Law Alberta’s Civil Claims Duty Counsel and Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus programs.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Erin was a graphics assistant in the Edmonton Journal newsroom for 10 years, and the business manager of the Canadian Literature Centre / Centre de literature canadienne.